Inkaholics

Saturday 21 June 2014

Challenge 59 - Blue with White or Cream



Hi everyone. Our new challenge is a colour combo - blue with white or cream. You can use any shade/s of blue with white or cream. You may also use black and realistic colours for hair ,skin or fur - but no other colours. 
Please welcome our wonderful guest designer: 


Hello everyone, it is Laura here from Scotland. I am honoured to be here as Guest Designer following my top 3 win for challenge 56. I am so humbled to be receiving any recognition for my designs as I am, what I class as a relative ‘neewbie’ in the world of card making. I bought my very first stamps just over a year and a half ago and my stamping was a disaster!! I fell foul to ink beading up on the stamps and thought it was just my lack of skill causing the problem. Luckily, 6 months later an eraser saved me and made my stamps all fully functioning. Since then I have never looked back. Over the course of the year, my style has dramatically changed. I started off with throwing everything possible on to a card and now I am opting more for a CAS feel – although I am a HUGE fan of sequins and crystals and usually include them somewhere on my design.
I must say I was slightly worried when I was told the theme for the new Inkspirational Card Challenge – blue with either cream or white. This was so ‘open’ but after the initial panic, I knew exactly the type of card I had to create – my first ‘shaker’ card. Carol who is on the design team here is a big fan of these cards and she inspired me to give it a try. I hope she is pleased with the end result!!! If you wish to see more of my work, please check out my blog http://le-designsboutique.blogspot.co.uk

I try to post new work as often as I can, but aside from card making, I am also Mum to two boys, and Wife to my amazingly supportive Husband, which can keep me very busy at times.


Thank you all for inviting me as guest designer and I hope my card provides a little inspiration for you all. Good luck everyone.
Here's what Laura made: 


Here is some inspiration from our design team:






















2 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

Thank you for sharing the gorgeous DT inspirations and for another fabulous challenge Karen x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

wonderful work by the DT found this great challenge, courtesy of Cornelia, as certainly was unaware of it .. thanks for it :D Shaz in Oz.x